Rules & Regulations
Short Films- International / National / Maharashtra Special
1. The film must have been completed after 1 January 2015.
2. Entries MUST be PAL format only. NTSC is NOT accepted. Festival Management will not be responsible if the film is not screened due to the problem with the DVD/Online Screener.
3. Total running time must be less than 30 minutes in length, including front and back credits. There is no minimum running time.
4. The short film can be in any language or genre. All non-English films must have English sub-titles for festival presentation.
5. The original film may be produced on 35 mm, 16 mm, HD, DIGI BETA, BETA SP, U-MATIC, DV, DVD, But the film must be available for preview purpose for a technical committee, the selection committee, and jury panel
6. Two DVD’s need to be submitted along with the entry. Each Preview DVD should be labeled with the Title, Running-time, Contact E-mail and Phone number,
Submit films via a private online link through Vimeo, Google Drive, or We Transfer, etc. scanned entry form & fee payment details at
7. Multiple entries can be submitted, but with separate entry forms, preview DVD, synopsis/description, should be enclosed. Each film is considered as a new entry.
8. Once the film is submitted can’t be withdrawn in any circumstances, however, the festival director reserves the right to disqualify any film on certain grounds.
9. By submitting films to Vintage International Film Festival-2019, filmmaker/producer takes the whole responsibility of copyright issues of music, script and other creative and technical aspects of the film.
10. Short films/Documentary/ Music Video that is submitted must be the entrant's original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties, the entrant agrees that the Vintage International Film Festival will not be held liable for any copyright infringements perpetrated by you or your short film.
11. For promotional or publicity purposes, excerpts from any film entered in the festival may be shown on any Television Network/Internet or related media during the festival period.
12. Transportation and insurance costs of DVDs, related documents, photographs and publicity materials from the country of origin to the Festival Office shall be borne by the applicant.
13. Entry Forms with incorrect / inadequate / illegible / ambiguous particulars will not be considered. The festival committee reserves the right to accept or refuse any film without assigning any reason whatsoever.
14. The competition is open for professionals as well as students. No separate section for student filmmakers.
15. Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official Festival rules and regulations as established herein. The Vintage International Film Festival reserves the right to extend the Festival deadline for any unforeseen reasons if needed.
16. Entrants will retain all ownership rights to their films submitted.
Short Film Section
Best Short Film - International - Cash, Trophy, Certificate
Best Short Film - National - Cash, Trophy, Certificate
Best Short Film 2nd - Cash, Trophy, Certificate
2 Special Jury Awards
Documentary Film Section
Best Documentary Film - Cash, Trophy, Certificate
2 Special Jury Award
Music Video Section
Best Music Video - Cash, Trophy, Certificate
Special Jury Award
Best Music Director
Best Actor Male
Best Actor Female
Best Child Artist
The decision of the Jury will be final and can’t be challenged.
Winners are selected by a judging panel of industry professionals consisting of independent producers, production companies, filmmakers, and other film industry professionals who may be substituted at the discretion of the Festival organizers.
All films are judged equally based on:
Content Originality (Quality of storyline, and script)
Production (Camerawork, lighting, and shot composition)
Post-Production (Editing, transitions, pacing, continuity, and flow)
Image (Focus, color, and lighting)
Sound Quality (Clarity, consistency of audio levels, and lack of noise)
The decision of the selection committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into Finalists will be notified by mail and/or phone call. The Vintage International Film Festival will use its best efforts to announce the selected films, winners at the designated time, but will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays.
Vintage International Film Festival organizing, selection committee members, juries are not allowed to participate in the respective festival as a contestant.
Submit Films via a private online link through Vimeo, Google Drive, or We transfer, etc., scanned entry form & fee payment details at
Two sets of DVD along with entry form, fee and other details mentioned in the application form at the given address.
Online Submission Site – Filmfreeway/Festhome/Click for Festival
Filmmakers are requested to submit the following information via email at
• Synopsis of the movie.
• Crew & Cast List.
• Biography & Filmography of a Film director.
• Photograph of Director.
• Still and Posters of the film in JPEG format.
(No submission will be considered until the non-refundable entry fee has been paid.)
Early Bird Submission – 700 INR or $12 USD
Regular Submission – 800 INR or $15 USD
Late Submission – 1000 INR or $20 USD
Fee Payment Methods
By Cash, Cheque, or Online Transfer in favor of
Account Name: Chetan Sudhakar Padole
A/c No.: 30408657530 IFSC Code: SBIN0002147
SWIFT Code: SBININBB239
Bank: State Bank Of India
Branch: Chandur Bazar
International Filmmaker’s pay by Paypal.com to the (Paypal Account - firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date of submission and Fees
Early Bird Deadline –
20th February 2020 to 31st May 2020 (with Rs 700 Or $ 12 Entry Fee)
Regular Submission –
1st May 2020 to 31st July 2020 (with Rs 800 OR $15 Entry Fee)
Late Submission –
1st July 2020 to 30 August 2020 (with Rs 1000 OR $20 Entry Fee)
The film should be submitted before the deadline. The Vintage International Film Festival is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, postage-due, stolen, or misappropriated entries.
(Mark the envelope FOR CULTURAL PURPOSE ONLY, NO COMMERCIAL VALUE.)
Mailing Address for the festival office :
723, B Wing, Sidhhivinayak CHS Ltd., Bhim Nagar, MIDC, Andheri (E)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India- 400093